The Big Empty - Press Archive - Cowboy
Sean shoots movie
22 November 2003
- FILM fans could never accuse Sheffield
actor Sean Bean of being type-cast.
- Over the past few years Handsworth's
favourite son has played SAS soldier
- Andy McNab in Bravo Two Zero, a Sheffield
United player in When Saturday
- Comes and a warrior in the epic fantasy
film Lord of the Rings.
Now Bean is preparing for the release of his two latest films
- again his roles couldn't be more different.
In the dark comedy The Big Empty, Bean plays Cowboy, a mysterious
- violent trucker responsible for taking
delivery of a locked suitcase at a seedy
- American motel.
The low budget film is set in Los Angeles and Baker, California,
on the edge
- of Death Valley. It also stars Daryl
Hannah and Jon Favreau.
Although the movie opens in LA and Las Vegas on Friday, fans
closer to home
- will have to wait until next year before
it hits British screens.
He told She magazine: "I've just finished a low budget film
which was a
- real change for me. I play this cowboy...
it was a good experience which I
- really enjoyed and very different to
the kind of big budget productions I have
- been working on."
Bean, aged 44, returns to a bigger budget in National Treasure,
- action comedy in which he teams up with
Nicholas Cage and Harvey Keitel.
Cage stars as Ben Franklin, an archaeologist who goes in search
- lost treasure. Bean is a rich British
adventurer who also dreams of finding the
- lost treasure.
The movie, filmed in Washington and Philadelphia in September
- is not set for release until autumn
In the meantime fans will be able to hear Bean's dulcet tones
- provides the voice of Dark in the Easter
TV family spectacular Pride which
- is centred on a pride of lions
that's in addition to the many TV adverts he
- can currently be heard doing the voiceover